At Cequent we are always looking for talented people with a strong value fit. If you want to join a nimble, accountable nationwide team that work hard and have some fun along the way, then please contact us.
Senior Project Manager or Project Director - Auckland
On the back of some recent project wins, Cequent is now seeking an experienced Project Director and Senior Project Manager for its busy Auckland office. As a PD or SPM, you will be responsible for leading project delivery, assisting with business development, driving decision-making and providing guidance on major issues relating to the execution and delivery of projects.
You will join a national team of 20 and provide significant project leadership throughout the Auckland Region. This role will entail managing a range of existing projects and expanding Cequent's service offering into existing and new sectors.
Senior Project Manager Experience:
- 6-10 years experience
- Has a proven high level of construction contracts understanding, project delivery framework, property etc
- Proven built construction/development project experience, has managed medium/large projects from initiation through delivery
- Able to lead JPM's and IPM's on medium/large sized projects
- Able to negotiate through and successfully resolve( whilst maintaining integrity , professionalism and relationships) high value disputes on projects
- Able to manage clients through disputes on projects whilst maintaining healthy relationships
- Strong business development skills, able to turn existing engagements into repeat work
- Able to disseminate and convey leadership and PM knowledge to the rest of the staff
Project Director Experience:
- 8+ years project experience
- Leads projects all the way from a client's idea to final delivery
- Can lead and really effectively delegate project responsibilities to other Cequent team members working in his or her team
- Strong communicator, able to deliver clearly and concisely at executive level
- Able to manage JPM's, IPM's, and PM's effectively
- Clear delegator, able to lead teams of internal and external staff concisely
- Contracts knowledge across multiple types of contract (D&B, Lump Sum, NEC etc)
- Critical strategic thinker who is able to provide advice to clients and colleagues on project framework options
- Business development skills - able to maintain and grow existing client relationships, and start new ones
- Internal staff leader - able to assist all staff through complex problems
In return, Cequent offer an excellent salary package with real opportunities for future growth. Cequent’s individual progression plans are not based on tenure, but on individual performance.
In addition to the remuneration package, for the right candidate equity shareholding opportunities are available
If you are looking for the opportunity to join a dynamic Project Management Consultancy in a senior role, please submit your cover letter and CV.